Participants must comply with the Code of Good Practices (set forth in Administrative Rule no. 651/2009) in all outdoor activities or cultural tourism to which their rules apply, regardless of whether or not they take place in Protected Areas:
They are also responsible for:
- Avoid making unnecessary noise and disturb wildlife, especially in places used for shelter and breeding;
- Observe wildlife while keeping distance. Use binoculars or other appropriate optical equipment if possible;
- Do not leave traces of food nor feed the wildlife;
- Do not collect or capture animals, plants, mushrooms or geological samples;
- If you find an injured wild animal, please contact ICNB, I.P., whenever possible. Otherwise, report the situation to the Serviço de Protecção da Natureza e Ambiente da Guarda Nacional Republicana (SEPNA) in order to make sure the animal is duly forwarded to the suitable wildlife recovery centers;
- Any detected accident or environmental offense should be immediately communicated to the SOS Ambiente e Território service, ICNB, I.P., or SEPNA;
- Leave your litter in the appropriate places. If there is not an appropriate place or bin, please carry your litter until you find one;
- Only make a fire in places duly authorized for that;
- Follow sign-posted trails or use existing trails or paths only, whatever is the nature of the activity.
- Choose a program that is appropriate for your abilities, physical preparation, and health status;
- Provide the requested personal information before the start of the trip (participants will not be allowed to start the program without this information being provided);
- Attending at the beginning of the program with the clothing and equipment recommended by Portugal A2Z;
- Respect the laws and customers of the countries visited;
- Follow environmental recommendations and legal or established rules while the program is in accordance with the guidelines;
- Respect the rights and privacy of the other participants in the program.
Any participant may be called upon to leave the program if the guide feels that continuity of participation may be detrimental to the individual participant or to the well being and satisfaction of the other participants.